Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yankees-Twins Game @ the Metrodome

I went to my final Yankees game of the season last night. Luckily they came twice to the Metrodome this year, instead of once. I now hold a 3-0 record ;D. I think they won 8-1 or something like that in 2007, my first Yankees game, and then we won 6-5 back in May and then 9-6 last night.

Got there early again and watched batting practice. Some cute little kids shouted Arod's name when he was about to leave and he looked up, smiled, and waved at them. We went back to our seats, way over by left field about a section away from the foul pole.



-Johnny led off the game with a homerun on the 2nd pitch. Every person around us was like "what just happened?". I don't know why he wasn't in the game yesterday - we need him! The game seriously like dragged on. Leads were taken then given away. We put a lot of men on base, but did nothing with RISP. It was frustrating. And Moose pitched a good game, he gave up a lot of hits like his last start, but only came away with giving up 3 runs. He pitched through the 7th, too which was encouraging.
-Like I said, the game dragged on so all of the innings basically blurred into one. It was probably the 5th inning when there were 2 outs with a runner on 2nd I believe. It was 3-3 and Jeter was up at the plate. Suddenly the guys behind me started a "Jeter Sucks" chant..I heard that at the last game I was at..and Jeter silenced them with a run-scoring single up the middle that put us ahead 4-3. I was like "Who sucks now?!". And then I called him Captain clutch and my friend goes "He's not clutch, what are you talking about?". Hah, Sorry elise if you're reading this, but you don't understand. Coming through with 2 outs in the game tied is definitely clutch, that's what he's been all these years. Maybe not as much this year because he's definitely not having his best offensive year, but he's still Captain Clutch.
-Is it wrong if I wanted to slap this dumb old man who was sitting almost in front of me? He was such an ignorant asshole. He rambled on about how Jeter sucks and shouldn't be an all-star and all this other stupid shit. He had no idea what he was talking about. He was like "Now morneau is THE all-star 1st baseman". Um, yes he is quite a good first baseman..it's not like the Yankees ever thought they had one...I disliked him so much for his ignorance.
-OH, and I wanted to literally hit this guy and his wife or whatever behind us. They were the most annoying people ever. By like the 6th or 7th inning they were so drunk. The guy bitched about how Arod sucks. He hit a foul ball right by our seats and the guy was liek "throw it back! i wouldn't want a ball hit by arod! i wouldn't want one by mickey mantle either ! blah blah blah". I seriously wanted to slap him when Moose intentionally walked Morneau with 2 outs and a runner on 3rd. There wre the boos, of course. I understand that, but what I don't understand is why the guy had to call Mussina a pussy about six times then tell the next batter to hit Moose in the throat. That's just fucking sick. If he said like hit him in the balls, I'd be like oh, hah hah, you're funny. But the throat? Wow.
-I was pretty much shocked into silence when Mo blew his first save of the season. You can't really blame him much though, Marte was the one who put them on base in the first place. I forgot for a second they had 2 men on base, so I thought it was just a 1-run game. And Young got lucky, his ball just hooked fair. Then the assholes behind us wouldn't shut up with their incessant screaming and whistling..their yells literally reverberated in my head..OUCH!
-The bullpen held it down for the next few innings. We left after the 10th though because Sarah didn't feel well. We listened on the radio and Arod hit the go-ahead hr in the 12th, Pudge followed with a double, Nady hr, Robbie single then Betemit dp. Edwar got his first save of the season and Veras got the win.

1 homeruns:

elise said...

I know, I know, I know he's clutch I was just grumpy when I said that because the Twins were losing and that guy had touched my hair.