Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Going Away


Hi all. I'm getting very excited. Tomorrow at 1:00 I will be on a plane headed home. Home? Nope, I'm still in Minnesota. Instead I'll be headed to Connecticut, my original home of 14 years. I'm so excited because I have not been back there since I left in June of '05, quite awhile in my eyes! Of course I'll be visiting colleges up in Massachusetts as well, so it's not all fun and games haha ;). I'll be quite busy and I'm not bringing my laptop, so it's up to Elise to fill me in on all the details of happenings in Minnesota....uhhh...aka: the Wild game! One good thing is that it's supposed to snow here tomorrow, so I'll be leaving all of that behind for slightly warmer weather! I come back on Saturday night, sadly. I'm excited because I know I am at least seeing two of my best friends in Connecticut. It'll be amazing to see how much we've all changed. But I shouldn't be too down in the dumps because there is like a 90% chance I will be going to Sunday's Wild game at Colorado! A perfect way to end Spring Break (which flew by!).

Other happenings in my life don't include much, haha. I've been stuck at home while all of my friends have been away - texting really is a life-saver. The other night, the Wild had a terrible loss to the Oilers (so bad, in fact, that I started watching another show) but it's almost all good now because Elise & I just determined (through texts, of course) that it was all because my popcorn bag ripped while I was trying to open it. Terrible karma, I'll say. Tonight that will hopefully all change when the Wild face the Oilers on their home ice. Last night I had the good fortune of watching the Uconn women's #1 basketball team play #8 Texas who beat the Gophers the other night. They got off to a terrific start. Big East Player of the Year, Maya Moore, was amazing. From what I got to see of the game (they switched around a lot), she scored 4 straight 3-pointers and had an awesome block on one Texas player who had a clear breakaway. The final score ended up being Uconn with 89 and Texas with 55. Maya Moore ended with 24 points, 12 rebounds, and 3 blocks. But get this, she's only a FRESHMAN. She's going to be quite some player when she's a senior. So, the women head to the Sweet 16!

Anyway, I will catch you all on Sunday...maybe. Feel free to send texts my way while I'm gone.


2 homeruns:

elise said...

Actually I'd say more like a 98.37% chance.

Kelsey said...

oh good! my chances just increased by 8.37%. surely this is a good sign.